Does anyone else think that television is a thief of time?

I really feel that it takes so much time away from other things, and keeps people from really being intimate. I think it is okay sometimes though. What are your views on television watching?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep, electronics in general, but we all use them.
    Anonymous

• It can be, depending on how much time is spent on watching tv.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• no but cafe mom is
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i think the internet is more of a time waster than the tv
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 9:19 PM on May. 3, 2009

• We haven't done tv in over 2 yrs now... we do family movie nights and each member of the family has their own pc to keep up with news and stuff...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• OK, we love TV, Video games and the Computer and reading books!!!! ;D but we always find time for the more important things like Family time and going camping in the summer (we do that alot and love it) anything can be a time thief if we're not careful....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 9:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yes, but I could say the same thing about cellphones, the computer, internet, video games, etc. But before the explosion of these things it was bars, fixing up cars, or a million other things. None of this stuff is "bad" as long as you remember "everything in moderation". Remember to spend time with those that you love, because nothing can replace the time you lost.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:08 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Like everything else moderation is the key.  Obviously sitting in front of the TV all day isn't good but there is nothing wrong with having a few favourite shows or watching a movie.  Not to mention the educational and informative value of some programming.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:11 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My ds plays the electric guitar when we turn off the other electronics. I'm addicted to the news and CM. My husband watches a few shows. I grew up watching Ed Sullivan Show and saw the Beatles for the first time. I could not even imagine the advancements in my lifetime. It was sci fi back then, like seeing friends while talking to them or texting or microwaves. The future is looking for new ideas but how can the youth do this when they are consumed by consumerism? Al Gore says that T.V. is the transition between Newspapers and computers. with the new information age people have more control over what they see. T.V. is limited.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:13 PM on May. 3, 2009

• tv (and video games and the computer) can be a real time suck. my husband and i watch maybe 1-2 hours of tv per week (usually a movie). my son doesn't watch any (he's 2), and we don't plan on letting him watch until he's at least 6. we want his childhood to be as unplugged as possible.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:23 PM on May. 3, 2009