What are some quick snacks for young kids?

I need snack ideas for a 5, 2 and 1 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My son loves gold fish. cheese crackers. fruit snacks. apples. any fruit. a lot more but those are his main snacks.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 9:19 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i can only help with a 1 yr old since my first baby is one lol. I usually make homemade snacks. he likes steamed carrots, sweet potato fries, ritz whole wheat crackers with cream cheese. today I made him baked tofu with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and he looooved it! he also likes cheerioes
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• sliced apples covered in peanut butter, a tortilla wrapped around shredded cheese (you can nuke it to melt the cheese or just leave the cheese full) . celery w/peanut butter and raisins,
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:30 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Fruit pieces are easy and nutritious. bananas, apples, pineapple, canned or fresh peaches, pears.

Answer by Bmat at 9:37 PM on May. 3, 2009

• We eat 20 lbs of fruit a week. If we have an early supper, I serve sliced fruit with whole grain bread or crackers and cheese.

fruit and raw veggies.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:57 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Here's some my kids love:

1. Fruit with cream cheese dip (if you serve it with just a little dip its not too unhealthy). Cut up cantelope, grapes, apples, or strawberries. In a bowl, combine 4 oz softened cream cheese with 4 tbsp marshmallow fluff from a jar. Mix well and serve it to dip the fruit in.

2. Homemade pizzas: take a can of biscuits (I think Grands will work best) and flatten them out into circles about 1/4 inch thick. Top with some pasta sauce or pizza sauce, grated mozzarella and chopped veggies that your kids like. Bake in a 400 oven til the cheese is browned and bubbly and the biscuit dough is cooked through.

3. Homemade snack mix: pop a bag of non-buttered popcorn or use a few cups of chex or crispix cereal. Put it in a bowl with a small handful of chocolate chips or mini m&m's, some dried fruit pieces, and, if they like them, peanuts or walnuts. Its great.

The little one, chopped melons for sure!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:01 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I use Beach Nut yogurt covered snacks. They are a little bit bigger then cheerios. Both of my boys, 2 1/2 and 13 months enjoy them. I also give them lots of fruit. And they enjoy the Dare mini cookies. When I think of the question in being quick snacks I am thinking that you are on the go outside of the home.
    MichelleLyons

Answer by MichelleLyons at 12:03 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Im not really out side of the home but i do have 4 children under the age of 5 and im due with #5 in august i also baby sit a 3 year old and a 8yo with severe disability so im just really strapped for time if you know what i mean. Thank you ladies for all your suggestions, my kids love fruits and veggies and thats what we do for snacks now im just trying to change it up for them a little bit. We dont give them candy of any sort and very small amounts of sugar so all these suggestions will work great thank you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on May. 4, 2009

• hmm...doughnuts cookies candybars soda chips ...just kidding i stock up on bananas cherry essence prunes dried fruit cheese crackers string cheese yogurt bologna graham crackers w/milk celery carrots (fruit snacks and cookies in moderation) those are my 5 yr olds favs
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:12 AM on May. 4, 2009

• cut fruits (with yogurt dip) and veggies (with hummus or ranch dressing). avocado, tofu, whole wheat noodles dipped in sauce

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2009