• In the Spotlight:

pain in my left side close to my abdomin i guess you could say...

i am 18 weeks pregnant almost 19, for the past half hour i have been getting this little pain in my left abdomin area, and when i touch it . it hurts worse, i tried a hot bath and laying down, my sister thinks its the way the baby is laying like its a body part pushing agenst that area but she isnt sure, and i dont want to go to the e.r for nothing it doesnt hurt that bad, and i feel her kicking around that area, could it just be the baby laying a weird way, or should i worry ? im scared.

mommy2be1308

Asked by mommy2be1308 at 9:20 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yepp she is probably just laying in a weird spot. Sometimes my little boy does that. He'll get in a spot that is pushing on a nerve or something and it bothers me the whole day. I wouldn't worry about it. The pain will probably be gone by tomorrow.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:23 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I had those type of pains when i was pregnant.. nothing was wrong, but I would still call your DR so that you can have some closure.

rainfalls

Answer by rainfalls at 9:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I would also say that the baby is likely laying in a position that is not good for you. try shifting a little bit to see if the baby moves. I was always told that if you are EVER in doubt to go get checked out. So much better for you and your peace of mind knowing that you are both ok. No need for added stress.
    MichelleLyons

Answer by MichelleLyons at 12:00 AM on May. 4, 2009