Fun activities for autistic toddler?

My son is 18 months old and he has autism. He is scared of loud noises and certain textures such as sand and and thing slimy or smooshy. What are some fun activities I can do with him? Or some fun places I can take him where he can have fun like your typical child?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:25 PM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• The zoo/aquarium during the week is generally always quiet. We spend hours there.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:28 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I almost didn't want to mention this because I don't know if grass falls under smooshy, but the gardens are a great place to relax and smell as well. oh and Giant balls! those are awesome to roll and throw back and forth.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Coloring, feed ducks at local park, stacking pots and pans and tupperwear dishes, marbels(larger ones he can't choke on), a midday movie(no ppl during the day, and if you want I can PM you a list of free kid movies showing at Rave Theaters nationwide this summer, like 20 free movie total)
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:29 PM on May. 3, 2009