baby with cold herbal meds?

Abbysmommy143

Asked by Abbysmommy143 at 9:35 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're asking if theres anything that your baby can take?? No not for a cold, the only thing is baby vicks on the chest, menthol baths, tylenol for fever and plenty of fluids (breastmilk, formula) and just keep her comfy. You can't give cold meds of any kind to a baby under 2.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• 1st response is correct! the only herbal remedy I can think of is gripe water (ginger, chamomile and fennel), but its only used for tummy upset, like trapped gas!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't think there is any either. And also keep in mind, herbal or not, it's a medication... a medication is anything that changes the body in some way, it's not natural to the body... so it has side effects and risks the same as anything else... and any herbal supplement is NOT regulated by the FDA, so I wouldn't take any chances with my baby unless it's a company that knows proper dosages and such for young children and babies (ex Hylands)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:44 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Take your baby in the bathroom (bring the rubber bulb thingy for getting mucus out of baby noses), close the door and turn the shower on hot. Let the bathroom get steamy. This will help loosen up the gunk.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 AM on May. 4, 2009