I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and I'm wheezing everynight. My doctor said I can take my preventil inhaler, so I've been needing to take it basically everynight. Its looking like my asthma is getting worse. Has this happened to anyone else? Will it get better as the pregnancy progresses or will I be this paranoid mess for the next 8 months?????????

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 9:42 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know if it'll get any better, but you could try a humidifier.
    Anonymous

• It may get worse as ur pregnancy progresses bc all of your organs are going to be pushed up & back. Your lungs will b affected with how high or low the baby lays. Do you sleep on you side stomach or back? They tell u not to sleep on ur tummy or back bc that won't help either
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 11:09 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My asthma has been getting worse, too. Proventil is a class B drug and therefore considered safe to use during pregnancy. Try getting an air purifier, and understand that stress will increase your symptoms.

It is normal for all asthmatics to experience greater symptoms at night, not just pregnant ones :D.

This stuff is really scary, but they would give you something else if it was necessary. Please don't worry. If you have a cat, don't let him lick you, either- the saliva is a thousand times more allergenic than the actual cat and can cause crazy symptoms.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• also- get some local honey if you can and get a tablespoon of it in you every day. It can help your immune system fight the local allergens.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I have asthma as well. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use my inhaler, but if you need it, take it. Try not to sleep on your back or tummy now. I've noticed having a fan right by the bed has helped with my breathing.
    For the months to come you can expect especially since the summer is almost here your lungs will get a little weaker etc. but dont be too alarmed. Enjoy your pregnancy.
    Congrats again!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:02 PM on May. 5, 2009