Sleeping Question,

When I sleep at night my nose gets all stuffy where I can't breath, so I'm sleeping w/ my mouth open I guess all night long. I wake up and my mouth is completely dry to where I can't even talk. It's like I have no saliva. I have tried the breathe right strips, they don't work, I'm sleeping w/ 3 pillows, that doesn't help. Does anyone else go thru this? I'm 34 wks and now its like my throat is completely irritated all day long, and sometimes my voice goes in and out throughout the day as well. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 9:42 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your mucus membranes get more swollen the further along you get, so this is what's causing your stuffy nose. Very common, although annoying.

I'm a nose-breather too, so to wake up with my mouth feeling like cotton isn't cool, and sometimes it makes my throat a little sore- again, pretty common.

The only thing you can really do is to keep some water nearby and sip on it...it'll keep you hydrated and your mouth from drying out TOO bad.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:44 PM on May. 3, 2009