Incontinence?

Have you ever heard of becoming incontinent after giving birth? How long does it last!? What can i do until is goes away?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• You mean not being able to hold it when you have to "use the potty"?... You have to do keegal (did I spell that right?) exercises and eventually it will get better. I was like that for a while and it's still not all the way better. I still have trouble sometimes, 10 months later, but I also haven't been doing the keegals like you're supposed to.
    Anonymous

• The pp is correct - keegal exercises are imperative for continence control. It will take time, but Poise has made incontinent pads that are thin like panty liners. You can wear those until you gain muscle control back.
    Be patient and congratulations on the birth of your child!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:24 PM on May. 4, 2009