did i over react?

i found some dirty text to my Dh friend's wife. so i told her and her husband that this crap better stop im not gonna put up with it. and her hubby called me the b*** that they were just playing around but i didnt think it was funny. some of the text to this couple from my DH was " at least your wife gives good head" and her and my DH callin each other sexy. the only reason i found out was we were waitin for a message from my DH mom so i picked up the phone and read the text from her saying can you come over sexy? they all are mad at me for gettin pissed my dh was clearly hiding all this from me and using excuses to go over to their house like to fix things then find a convo like i found, he doesnt even text me that way, and im far from being a prude but that kinda talk bothers me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Then you need to talk to your DH and tell him how this is making you feel. What is more important to him? This other couple, or your marriage? He is disrespecting you to other people. Who cares is they are pissed at you - you have a right to be pissed off!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• not at all! I would be LIVID!!!!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:49 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Um WOW! If I were in your shoes....I'd kick hubby's a$$ out! I'm sorry but that whole situation is screwed up.If you want things to work you both need therapy and cut the communication OFF with those people. If not, then I guess you have to accept whatever is going on over there and I really DOUBT it's just dirty text messages.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well, it could just be a joke. BUT, I wouldn't put up with it, either. Especially since your hubby was hiding it. Personally, we will never joke like that. You're right, you are far from being a prude.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Eww. No you were not overreacting. Perhaps counseling would help. You really should not have to put up with this, it's not so much that it is disgusting talk, it is flirting, and inappropriate, not sensitive to your feelings, can lead to big trouble with unfaithfulness, and should not be happening.

Answer by Bmat at 9:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I would be very upset...so your dh would be ok with your sending dirty messages to some guy friend? That is inappropriate and it is like cheating especially since he didn't tell you about it in the first place. It is very wrong of the woman too, I would never text stuff like that to a married man...that is just wrong. You are not overreacting but you might not want to go to her house just yet. Just make sure your dh knows that it has to stop and that it is hurting you. If he tells her that it it is over (the texting and everything else) she will get the message. Who cares if they are mad..what about your feelings?
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Honestly, you are not over-reacting. And if her DH is thinking that this is nothing, then he is blind as a bat. Im sorry hon, but I would watch him like a hawk. Something about this situation sounds really fishy.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:54 PM on May. 3, 2009

• what makes it worse is her hubby knew about it the whole time and he said he didnt tell me cause he didnt want to hurt my feelings, like wth is that suppose to mean? i feel like if they have to hide it then there must more something going on.
    Anonymous

• Not at all. This sounds suspect to me. Just how 'familar' are they with each other?
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 10:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Maybe you should talk to her woman to woman and let her know that this makes you very uncomfortable. I would also be asking your DH wth he thinks he is doing, and how would he like it if you started texting her DH like that? As I said before, something is rotten here.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:19 PM on May. 3, 2009