swollen hands.......... 2 questions!

i went to walk at a park near my house, i usually have really bad swollen feet, but yesterday my feet were not as swollen even tho i walked around the park with sandals, then my hands started to get swollen and not my feet, do you know what this is happening to me? and the other question is, why do my wrist hurt every time i wake up? i think i've heard it is something that happens in third trimester?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had terrible carpal tunnel during pregnancy and it didnt get noticeable till I think end of the second trimester. my fingers were always tingly and numb. but one the baby came it seemed to disappear overnight! nothing the dr could really do about it. I just kinda lived with it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:52 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Too much sodium?? not enough water?
    Anonymous

• Carpal Tunnel is common during pregnancy because everything gets swollen, compressing on the carpal nerves.

Swelling in your extremities in common too....not really much you can do about that, except reduce your sodium intake as much as possible, and stay hydrated. If its your legs and feet, you can trying getting compression pantyhose and staying off your feet when you can.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 10:04 PM on May. 3, 2009