What's the oldest thing in your kitchen cabinet? I think we have some cookies in there from two years ago!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a box of hamburger helper from 1995. For some reason, I take it with me whenever I move since I am always moving around. I don't know why. Sad thing is, it is probably still good.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:00 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Omg, my mom has things from 1993! No lie! She doesn't use them, she's just a pack rat.
    Anonymous

• The oldest thing in my kitchen cabinet is a 3 lb. bag of splenda my mother gave me for Christmas.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:04 PM on May. 3, 2009

• HAHA...here at my parent's house...Lord only knows. I imagine there stuff in the cabinets thats at least 7 or 8 years old.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:06 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i went through mine and threw out alot when i found out about spores in pancake mix and cake mixes that can kill ya, but, i still have some canned and jarred foods that are really old..........and i need to throw them out too because of possible botulism i guess, but i am just too lazy to go in there and dig it all out......i have a big pantry and they are pushed to the back.........and i feel so guilty throwing away food that i actually paid for, but i am never gonna eat it cuz i am scared to eat it, so it is just a matter of time!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 10:19 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Last week I threw away a can of cranberry I guess I must have bought for thanksgiving 05. I haven't looked in the VERY back though. I'll let you know. lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Stuff from late last year. I just went through and did a MAJOR clean on everything in there. I tossed anything older than about 9 months old, and if I had any doubts about it, it went. I do this about every year and a half or so. My mom does it about every 6 months, and my Grandma has never done it. Mom and I go through and do it about every year or so. Makes Grandma SOOOOO mad!! She was eating some of the recalled peanut butter during the noon news telling everyone to throw it out! I checked the # on the lid like they said to and flipped! She was so pissed when I tossed it and bought new stuff. Grandpa laughed and said I'd done the right thing.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 11:10 PM on May. 3, 2009

• um, 3 year old spices I know. Canned refried beans from last year, and I'm sure there is more.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:43 PM on May. 3, 2009

• lol. Probably something we'll never eat---like a box of Hamburger Helper.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 1:30 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I just cleaned out my cabinets a few weeks ago, so there shouldn't be anything older than maybe a few days- if that. When my grandmother died and we were cleaning out her house, we found cans of food that expired in 1975.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:12 AM on May. 4, 2009