• In the Spotlight:

There have been TWO hit-and-runs in my little city in the past week...

Each victim of each h&r were very young boys. Troy, 15 and Sam, 11.

I didn;t know either of them, but i know people who did. I couldn;t be more upset by these tragic events.

Troys killer has been caught. But, sams ran away and the police have not caught her yet and she has not brought herself forward. My city is ready to start a witch hunt for her if she does not turn herself in. She drove onto the pavement where she hit him. He wasn;t crossing the road or anything like that.

My question: How can someone lack so much human decency as to actually run away after hitting a poor innocent little boy and then finding out she had killed him and still not come forward?

It tears me up. Your thoughts please. Is my city cursed with awful drivers?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:03 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I almost cannot believe someone would really do that.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:06 PM on May. 3, 2009

• It scares me that people could do this.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:10 PM on May. 3, 2009

• That is really sooo sad.I honestly do not know how someone could do this and live with themselves.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Praying for these kids famlies
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:21 PM on May. 3, 2009

• My sister hit a boy. She killed him. She looked down for a min to pick up her daughters sippy cup. she doesn't regret it enough. She does drugs, is an awful mother, didn't do the measly probation they gave her, and whined about "her rights." I think she is an awful human being and God will deal with her. But I've also never killed a child. I don't know how I would act afterwards and how I would deal with the guilt. Maybe she is dealing the best she can but I think she should suffer more.

I don't know why these others did what they did but I hope they own up to it and take their punishment and think everyday, when they kiss they're own kids goodnight how they took someone elses baby away.
    Anonymous

• IDK WTH is going on! Here in Los Angeles we have had like 5 in 1 month. Saddest one was at USC where a car plowed down 2 students (18 yrs old.) the girl was killed instantly her guy friend landed on the windsheild and was stuck, the driver pulls over and the passenger gets off takes his body off the windshield and throws him on the ground. Driver was passengers wife and they had their 5 kids in the car. The husband took off to Mexico and then his guilt got to him and he turned himslef in. Yeah, right.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:27 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yes, people have said about how she must have been worried and couldn't think. But, after a couple of days now. I see not a single reason stopping her from coming forward.

Im sorry about your sister is that way. Thats horrible.

If i beleived in god or prayer i would be praying for the boy's families.
    The 11 year old's father is a pastor. They are avid churchgoers. As an athiest i can see how beleiveing in god would be a true comfort at this time for them.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• This happens all the time hit in run it happens in every city all the time,They either have a suspened license or have a criminal background.There was this white guy who hit this little hispanic girl hit her and killed her and because she is poor they do not make a big deal out of it.She was just crossing the street with her mother.They gone done innocent children all time and it is very sad.Most people do not turn themselves at least he did there are still a lot of peoples family who do not ever find their killer .I used to live in south central for one year.You see everything there there are more than 5 in one month.There are in one month 5 to 1o drive bys they have gone down.
    Anonymous