Bowel Movement tmi please answer

I had my DS on Tue by repeat csection. I have been having trouble having a bowel movement. I am passing gas and when I got to go it is really difficult. I have taken stool softner and a laxative but I can only go a little and it hurts. Any ideas on how I can make it easier it hurts so bad to push it out. Sorry for the TMI but I am in tears from this it is so frustrating. Please answer with respect the hormones are going crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you had a C-section, the hospital should not have allowed you to go home until you had a decent bowel movement! This is important. You need to call your doctor tomorrow and tell them the situation.

(I know, I had to prove I had a bowel movement before I was released from the hospital after my C-section.)

Since you have said you can only go "a little", I'm going to assume you mean about a dime size at a time...

Try aloe vera juice from the health food store if your doctor isn't helpful.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:26 PM on May. 3, 2009

• YOu have to be careful you don't push to much otherwise your incision can open up. Have you tried prune juice or sitting in a warm bath?
    Anonymous

• Yeah its like rabbit turds to the size of a golf ball sorry tmi only way i can explain it. They listened to my stomach and it was functioning and i was passing gas so they didnt worry about the BM due to the pain meds that can cause constipation. Its not my inciscion that hurts i just cant use my muscles that well. This is so embarrasing I feel so emotional already this isnt helping much. Trying to stay positive
    Anonymous

• Try taking Surfak (over the counter). If that doesn't work, try Milk of Magnesia. Do not take a laxative like ex-lax. It is too strong. If all else fails, a fleets enema will do the trick.
    sarah70518

Answer by sarah70518 at 11:14 PM on May. 3, 2009

• drink lots of water. . . eat lots of fiber.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:26 PM on May. 3, 2009