do you think its ok for ppl to use the gov'?

i know this couple who cant keep a job and when they do have money the spend it on stuff they dont need instead of paying bills. state bought them a car and got 6 months free rent and utilities through project first. i know once the help stops they'll be out on the streets again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't see that as "judging people" ...its just the truth. Some of the laziest people I know , including some in-laws, are using the government. They don't WANT to work. They quit jobs. They try to qualify for any kind of government help that they can and spend their money on crap. Its so disgusting. Somebody should judge their butts into reality. You can't get by sponging ....its time to work.
    Anonymous

• That's wrong. I don't think it's bad if you really need the help though.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:29 PM on May. 3, 2009

• They are idiots and selfish people.
    Someone needs to rat on their ass.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• how do you know what will happen when it hasnt even happened yet?

stop judging people...
    Anonymous

• cause they had other opportunities and messed them up, a good predictor of the future is look at the past. the longest he has a job was 2 weeks and the longest they been in a place was 9 months i known these ppl 10 years and used to be friends with them but got tired of them using me
    Anonymous

• no, it's not ok.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:48 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Well, look at our taxes do you think it's ok to pay the bills of lazy folks. My hubby works his butt off we can barely make it now. But, if we weren't paying for the lazy ppl in this world we might have a few extra bucks for fun. Maybe if they got a job and stopped spending my fun money maybe I could spend it. But, if you are disabled or have a major illness. We are more than happy to help you out.
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 11:02 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I do think it's okay for people who have worked then hit a wall and need some help but people like that piss me off. Right now me and my husband are out of work and he is collecting unemployment but they are still taking taxes out of that so we don't owe any next year. I think people that are lazy need a wakeup call sometimes to realize nothing in life is free.
    Anonymous

• Sure don't. My taxes are high enough without supporting bums.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on May. 4, 2009

• If you need help I believe that you should be granted help for 6 months once in your life. After that I think you should be on your own. I also think that you should be forced not to have any more kids until you are off assistance and I believe you should have to take a drug test to even get assistance. I work full time and pay taxes. I think tax payers should have a say. A little off the point but I think we should get rid of income tax all together and increase sales tax. That way EVERYONE pays taxes, even the illegal people.
    klespeedy0205

Answer by klespeedy0205 at 2:27 AM on May. 4, 2009