My symptoms:

I feel like I have a terrible cold with horrible sinus pressure. So I took some sudafed and it helped sooooo much but now my stomache hurts. Like almost every once in a while it will feel like someone punched me. hahaha Can't really explain it.

Does it sound like just sinuses or something else? I feel awful.
Also, what could I do to treat it since I am breastfeeding?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 10:34 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Health

• Sudafed or Benadryl are the only things my daughters midwife would allow her to take, while pregnant and breastfeeding.
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 10:19 AM on May. 4, 2009

• your breastfeeding and you took sudafed do you know that can go to the baby right ???
    Anonymous

• Yes, I took sudafed while pregnant because that is what the doctor recommended. Why would breastfeeding be different?
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:42 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I would call your Doc and see if there is something else you can take.
    Anonymous

• What is safe during pregnancy is NOT the same as what is safe during breastfeeding. What can pass the placenta is different then what can pass to the milk. www.kellymom.com has a great list of what is safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Also anything that can dry up the sinuses can dry up your milk too.

If the sudafed made you sick to your stomach I would not take it again. Personally I use a saline rinse when my sinuses get all congested and it works great. Use a netti pot or a kids medicine dropper to put the saline up your nose. Do a google search for nasal flush.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:01 AM on May. 4, 2009