We have a cat allergy/asthma kid. How do I clean grandma, who has 5 cats, when she comes to visit?

Our daugther was recently diagnosed with a cat allergy. We've realized exposure at grandmas house (5 cats) is a no-no. Since then, we have had grandma over to babysit. Our DD ended up with an asthma break out. We theorize it's the dander. It's just too coincidental.

How do you ensure people are clean for a visit? Apparently she cleaned her clothes but dander is so airborne and sticky, that doesn't matter.

What meds do your doctors prescribe to combat 3rd party dander carriers??

lynnard

Asked by lynnard at 10:50 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not that I like cats, but if my grandchild was allergic to anything I had at home, I would be getting rid of it. You must tell her about his allergies and how much it bothers him when she brings the dander into your home. I know I am deathly allergic to cats and just the hair that people have on their clothes kills me. Tell her flat out, she has to have no hair on her or dander. (I hope that is possible)
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:01 PM on May. 3, 2009

• She is very willing to get rid of them. We've also discussed keeping clean clothes here at the house for her to change into. Might even have her take a shower the second she walks in the door.

I now hate cats. Sorry cat lovers, they ARE cute!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 11:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• We've also discussed keeping clean clothes here at the house for her to change into. Might even have her take a shower the second she walks in the door.

thats what I would suggest
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 7:51 AM on May. 4, 2009