no thoughts are original

It has been said that all thoughts and ideas belong to a collective conscience. Meaning, no thoughts or ideas are completely original. IF you are familiar with what I am talking about, do you believe it?

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 11:02 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes. Paradigms shift over time, cultures change, (and back again) and attitudes, and beliefs, and ideas reflect those... but no, there are no new thoughts.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:18 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yes.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:03 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Not to be funny, but I have heard this before. It used to make me think...if no thoughts were original, where do the thoughts for horror movies/stories and murderers come from. I used to freak out as a child thinking about this. And about, who had my thoughts first. I know, I am wierd.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• It proves to be true in atheists and their reasons for not believing in God.
    It proves that all their hate does come from one source.
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:20 PM on May. 3, 2009

• banging head into wallUgh, Mo not this again

Anonymous

• "It proves to be true in atheists and their reasons for not believing in God.
    It proves that all their hate does come from one source."

I think you did not understand the premise of the question. At any rate, the same can be said of religious folk (any belief system) who believe their understanding of the Divine to be superior... since time immemorial, they have been making the same kinds of statements and spewing the same ideas in the name of their particular righteousness. The gods change, the hubris does not.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:14 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I do not believe in a collective consciousness.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:22 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I am just talking about the hate spread by atheists. Not the love spread by them. Hate meaning the hate they have towards God and the Christian religion. I also know there is a devil. If you do not believe in him that is your choice,but I have been proved he exists.Through my own life. So please do not think God has ever or will ever prove he does not exist to me. How come I have come to accept that others have opinions yet no one wants to accept that i have mine? Just wondering.
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I can agree that there are some similarities of the good that other religions teach. Still there is one "MAJOR "difference in them all. I say this from what I have personally studied.No offense by my statement just another of my personal opinions.(Which I should have a right to voice.)GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes I do, and also have you thought about nothing being original....not even your life and circumstances, issues, events..????? Just something to think about....lol
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:44 AM on May. 4, 2009