Do you think moms tend to have a stronger bond with the children than the father

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• YES!!! MY KIDS LOVE THERE FATHER , BUT THERE CLOSER TO ME.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 11:12 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I am a SAHM and my son has a very strong relationship with. He is a typical mama's boy. but my daughter OMG, she has her daddy wrapped around her tiny fingers. when it is just us here she is all mommy mommy mommy but as soon as her daddy walks through the door from work she is all daddy daddy daddy...WHO'S MOMMY?????????????
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:16 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Yeah my son is that way. He's my only though and I'm a SAHM. So that explains a lot. He loves his daddy too though
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:22 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Depends, A man can be just as close to their kids. But, they chose to be selfish sometimes.
    Anonymous

• My son has a different type of relationship with his father than he does me. But different does mean less than for either of us. I can't necessarily put it into words about how it is different...just that it is. But we each make sure to have our individual alone time with him and our dates with just one parent and the kid to help foster a strong attatchment and relationship with each parent. Of course we do things as a family too. But I would never be disrespectful to my spouse or to my child to go so far as to say that our child prefers one parent over the other. I would feel pity for any couple and their children when they start bragging that a child is closer to mom or dad. It is not a competition it is about fostering that relationship. IF I thought my child was closer to me emotionaly then I would do all that I could do to encourage and foster better relational opportunities for my son and his father.
    Anonymous

• Depends. My daughter is equally bonded with the two of us, our relationships to eachother are just different; meaning that we bond in certain ways. Some moms don't bond to their kids right away or at all as compared to dad.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:34 AM on May. 4, 2009

• our boys love us both but i know they are closer to me. they both come to me when they need comforting or a good cry. i guess they feel the 'unconditional" thing more with me than with dad. but they loooove vegging out with dad on the weekends.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 1:13 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, it upsets my husband sometimes. He is in the military so he has missed quite a bit of our son's life. He never really learned how to handle a baby.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, is genetic, moms are design to be the "all times provider" and dad do the fun stuff
    mymamirocks

Answer by mymamirocks at 2:35 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes. It bothers me sometimes and DH doesn't seem to notice. He doesn't seem as tolerant or as patient as I am and tends to disapprove of the way I'll handle something with our 2 yo, but when the shoe is on the other foot he ends up doing the same thing. Like he says I'm too strict, or that I should stop yelling at him etc, and then he quickly realizes that he's not being a good boy. I also agree with the difference in relationships.. and it makes me jealous too at times. I jokingly call him "fun time daddy".. but in some situations it's not so much of a joke. He gets to be the one who plays and wrestles etc while I'm the enforcer. And I realize someone has to be the enforcer but I feel like he's getting a better deal than I am. However, I'm with DS all day long.. so I do spend more time with him, and I'm breast feeding.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 4:07 AM on May. 4, 2009