Assult

If my husband and my ex were arguing and my ex got in my husbands face and was playing bump chest ( lame ) and then my ex spit in my husbands face and I jump out of the car and push my ex off my husband before it escalted to something worse can I get arrested for pushing him off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Any one of you could be charged with numerous stuff. Not very adult actions.
    Anonymous

• ah no - you were trying to break it up. Now if you threw a punch and it landed - that's assault.

dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:31 PM on May. 3, 2009

• putting your hands on another person without their consent can be battery. It depends if he wants to press charges.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:08 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Duh I know it's not normal behavior that's why I was trying to defuse it. My husband and I didn't ask for this to happen that's just how my Ex tries to deal with things. Lame I know that's why he's been my Ex for over 10 years. I can't change his idiotic behavior so I try my very best to avoid it at all costs. I'm not going to sit back though and let him try to start stuff with my husband. No punches would ever be thrown, from our side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:59 AM on May. 4, 2009

• No, probably not. Only if the cops want to be asses about it. Otherwise, it's pretty much defense. Unless you escalate the violence, you're okay.
    Anonymous