contractions?

last night i had 3 little contractions when i was laying in bed, and i guess it is because i went for a walk with my hubby, and now that i'm sitting here on the computer, i don't know if they are contractions but it starts in my hips then my stomach and then my lower back and pelvis, do you think i'm starting to get prepared for a soon labor around next week or in 2 weeks? im 37 weeks and 3 days

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 11:29 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ok so now it is 8:32 and it is hurting a little bit stronger
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 11:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• could be, juist wait and seew,m if they seem consistant then start timing them
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:33 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Unfortunately, at this stage it only means you are getting closer. You could be starting labor and know in minutes, or it could be weeks away! Real encouraging, I know! :-)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i've been having steady contractions for quite some time and i'm only 29 weeks and it's nothing so im not quite sure i know it's better to be safe then sorry :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 11:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• lol it's ok micheledo i just wanna know because i'm not sure what to expect, since i didn't have contractions in the last weeks, this ones seem a little more painful than braxton hicks
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 11:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I would start timing them if they continue and get stronger. If they get to 4-6 minutes apart for an hour and last at least a minute i would call labor and delivery or just go to the hospital. Good luck hope this helps a little.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• MY CONTRACTIONS WERE NOT CONSISTANT UNTIL HALFWAY TO HOSPITAL... I DIDNT FEEL THEM AT FIRST... MY LIL MAN WAS BORN AT 37 WEEKS 6 DAYS... KEEP ME POSTED ON WHAT HAPPENS
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:11 PM on May. 4, 2009