Gay Christians????

I used to have a hard time swallowing the thought of a gay person being able to call themselves a Christian at all. Then it dawned on me. Shouldn't we be glad that they took the first step to fixing their lives?God clearly says it takes time for us to reach maturity in our faith. I personally took my time getting to this point, and I am not even close to be fully mature. We all sin and fall short next to God. If you think you are not a sinner you are mistaken.I am not saying it is okay to be a sinner in any case. I am just happy they have taken the first step.The rest is between them and God. God bless. Do you agree or disagree?

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 11:32 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • I didnt read all the answers so I am sure this might be redundant, but......I do believe there are people who are living the homosexual lifestyle and consider themselves a christian. I think the two are not really synonomous with one another. Being a christian means you have believed and accepted that Christ died for us and that we are to allow him to be Lord of our lives. A person could have done that, but sanctification is a process. Im a christian, and I still struggle with things such as addiction, self hatred, bitterness, ect. Now I do believe the act of homosexuality to be sin just as lying, cheating stealing, ect. I won't get into the spiritual roots of homosexuality and where I believe it comes from, but just because I say I believe its sin DOES NOT mean that I am intolerant and closeminded. I hate when people say that. I accept people like they are and let them work out their own relationship with God. CONT..
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:21 AM on May. 4, 2009

• AGREE 100%
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 11:34 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i think God loves everyone
    Anonymous

• You are so arrogant. You have sinned--how dare you have the nerve to call yourself a Christian too, then? That was sarcastic--I am Christian and we have to answer to God. Gays don't have to answer to you so don't worry about it. God made them gay for a reason; we just don't know why yet.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 11:36 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I don't understand what you mean by "fixing" their lives? Yes, we all sin but are you saying that they need to ask for forgiveness for being gay and for help to become "un-gay"?
    Anonymous

• Disagree

. A gay person CAN be Christian. And being gay does not need to be 'fixed.' Also, there are LOTS of gay people that were raised Christian and never had to 'take the first step' to change their lives.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:37 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I agree. Unfortunately many Christians are knowingly living in habitual sin (be it gossip or living a homosexual lifestyle). Hearing about someone like that only makes me more mindful of my own sin and what is it that I am refusing to change?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:38 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Fixing what do you mean by fixing their lives?.
    Anonymous

• Ok, This is going to sound crazy, but it's true. My dad is a pastor and one of my little sister's (real sister) is gay. I am not that close to my dad anymore for private reasons nor my sister, but I wonder what he tells people who go to his church. Is it ok for some people, but not for others? I don't have any problem with her being gay, im just curious as to what people think or what does he say to his brother and sister at church. It kind of contradicts what he preaches to others. what do you think?
    Anonymous

• There are many Christian churches out there that do not view homosexuality as a sin and accept with open arms gay members into their congregation.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:43 PM on May. 3, 2009