Who would you rather your child marry: someone of a different race, or someone of the same sex?

This is in response to the religion vs race question.

Personally, I would have no problem with my (white) daughter someday bringing home a man or woman...black, white, or whatever. As long as she is happy and loved and the person treats her with respect.

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:37 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Either. Maybe some day he'll bring home an Asian-Puerto Rican-Black guy with bright red hair.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:40 PM on May. 3, 2009

• i could care less as long as they were happy and in love and the other person would love, respect, and take care of my son/daughter. i would not care if my son/daughter came home with a black girlfriend/boyfriend. and i would not care if they came home with a boyfriend/girlfriend of the same sex. it does not make them less of a human. they are still my children and if they got married to the other person i would love them and accept them as they were my own.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:41 PM on May. 3, 2009

• If I'm going to answer honestly I'd rather my sons marry a woman of any ethnicity. If they are gay and want to marry (it's legal here in Canada) their same sex partner, I will accept that and give them my full support. But I am a realist and I know that they will face a lot less stigma as part of a straight inter-racial couple than as part of a gay couple. But either way I will celebrate their marriage with them and be happy that they've found the person they want to spend the rest of their lives with.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:42 PM on May. 3, 2009

• it doesnt matter to me. like poster said, as long as shes happy. im white with a very mixed hubby (her father) so shes got black, and all kinds of other things in her. i dont care if its a girl or boy. doesnt matter to me, but the second someone breaks her heart there in for a rough ride!
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:42 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I'll let you know when I decide whether I want grandchildren...

I really don't give two shits who my babe ends up loving, as long as she's happy and treated well.

(I love Isis sooo much!)
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 11:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I am all for LOVE; treat my child right & you're good with me.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:53 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I just want him to be with someone who makes him happy and who treats him well.
    The rest is just extra to me.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:57 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Hmmm...

While either would be totally cool with me, I know the hardships for gay people in this country, so I'm going to say someone of a different race. ONLY because I'd worry about how ignorant people would treat him/her if they were gay.
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 11:58 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I'd prefer he brought home a person of a different race, considering he is mixed himself and I am in no way uncomfortable with interracial couples. However I have NO problem with same sex couples and would not have a problem with him being in one...it would just take some more getting used to than it would if he brought home a woman who was of a different race.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:59 PM on May. 3, 2009

• As long as they treat my sons right then I am happy with who ever they love.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:02 AM on May. 4, 2009