aw isnt that horrible?

im watching King of the Hill, and Bobby is playing baseball for some league not in Arlen, and the coach is very supportive and hank knows Bobby cant play so hes not supportive at all and tells the coach if he wants wins dont put Bobby in and stuff, well the coach puts Bobby in when its the last inning and they have 2 outs, and Bobby accidentally hits the ball and scores 3 runs... then Hank goes to the coach and says 'i thought you were crazy putting Bobby in but i guess you knew what you were doing!' and the coach says 'THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUPPORT YOUR KIDS AND DONT GIVE UP ON THEM!'

i think even if your children arent like how you 'expected' them to be (Bobby is an actor and comedian and not a sports star), you need to never give up on them. i mean my son is only 1 but i could never give up on him no matter what he decides to do... unless its be a murderer and drug dealer ;]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on May. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• i agree. Id support my children and encourage them no matter what...
    in bobbys case- hank should have helped him and encouraged him, believed in him.... ive seeen that episode before too...
    i dont understand how some parents can be so unconcerned with their childrens emotional health... so disconnected...
    im looking forward to my little man gettin into sports nd stuff so i can help him and encourage him and LEARN FROM HIM....
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:46 PM on May. 3, 2009

• yeah bobby said he wanted to go to the big leagues and hank was complaining that the coach was setting his expectations too high and that bobby would never live up to them!!!!
    Anonymous

• I've seen this episode before, it was a few years ago I think. It actually "touched" me when I saw it LOL That's how I feel about what my daughter will become. I don't care what it is she wants to try or what path she wants to go down, as long as she is healthy and happy I will support her 110%, rain or shine, through it all. If she wants to go to med school, I'll stay up and help her cram and if she wants to be a circus clown, I'll do her make up and sew her costumes LOL I DON'T CARE. Her happiness and her ability to sustain a life that is comfortable for her is my only concern.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:37 AM on May. 4, 2009