Meal Planning/snacks??

Do you make out a weekly meal plan, and then buy your groceries according to your meal plan?

Also what snack do you like to give your child after school?

I try to make a rough estimate of what our meals will look like during the week so that I can remember what I need to take out for dinner and then plan my time according to what we are having for dinner. Hubby will cook during the week also so we try to discuss a head of time what we will be having so that I can take out the stuff for dinner.

Do you find this is easier to have a set plan? and then you have a rough idea of what you'll need to buy and I find this helps with budgeting also..

Mommy2seven

Asked by Mommy2seven at 11:45 PM on May. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I will often plan meals for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. I will make a list of those meals, then pick one out in the morning and get the meat out. It sure does help with budgeting; I feed our family of 7-8 people, 3 dogs and 3 cats on $250 - $275/ month for all food, personal care and paper products.

As for snacks, my kids love things like banana bread, pudding, cottage cheese with fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt....

I've used www.mealsmatter.org to set up meal plans. It will print out a shopping list when I'm done. It's free to become a member and use it.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:49 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Here is a web site http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/Pages/home.aspx
    Then make a list of the ingrediants nd just dd it to your shopping list
    Put big calender on your frig with the meals for the week
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 11:50 PM on May. 3, 2009

• Thanks.... I will check that out!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 11:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I plan out a weeks worth of meals, both lunches and dinners. I have a dry erase board on my fridge and I write out all the dinners I have planned. I do not pick out what day I will have what until the morning of, then I mark it off my calendar. It keeps me from saying "there's nothing to eat" or "let's just go out to eat!" lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:23 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Thanks ladies..I will definitely take a look at that web site!
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 9:27 AM on May. 4, 2009