how long will this tattoo take?

i'm gonna get a tattoo on my upper back of a japanese style dragon & tiger stretching from shoulder to shoulder. my artist said it should take only 3-4 hours.. but that seems a little too quick for a bigger back piece to believe. what do you think?

rAbella

Asked by rAbella at 12:02 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yep....sounds about right. Im cover in tats. But it depends on the detail of the piece, how many colors and the experience of the artist. If you're trying to factor costs...always add a extra hour in case AND tell your artist your cash limit. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

• that sounds right... it also depends on how experienced the tat artist is... i got a little tribal design on my side and it took like 10-15 min....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:03 AM on May. 4, 2009

• sounds right ... my bf got a cross from the top to the bottom of his back , and some writing and wings ... all took 7 hours
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:11 PM on May. 4, 2009