is he teething?

my son (3 months) bursts into tears at random times, he looks like hes in pain, he'll put his hand in his mouth and cry and cry. He just started drooling alot also. Ithink hes starting to teathe but could i be wrong? im a first time mom. if he is teething, how long does it take for a tooth to come through his gums?

abbyl2490

Asked by abbyl2490 at 12:06 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ohh..that can depend by baby ...but yes i think hes teething as well
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 12:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Sounds like teething. Have you looked at him gums? As for the teeth coming in...all babies are different. My son was born with little white bumps showing through and he cut his first tooth at 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• idk wat im supposed to feel for on his gums, my mom keeps telling me to feel them, but idk wat im supposed to feel. poor little guy, he seems like he is in alot of pain wen he cries :(
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 12:17 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yep sounds like teething to me giving him a infant pain meds and or oral gel thats what i did anyway. made it a little better for my daughter, shes five months with almost 2 teeth sometimes she squals in her sleep bc of them. oh and for the baby oral gel q-tips work sooo much better then your finger and they seem to like it better,
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 1:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• sounds like teething and all babies are different. you may not feel anything because they still may not have come up high enough. i'd do tylenol at night and oragel and cold teething toys in the day. poor baby...teething sucks!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 2:42 AM on May. 4, 2009