Is my daughter too young?

my daughter will be 5 in August. She keeps begging me for a hannah montana party, but it says it's for tweens. Is she too young?

xllljesslllx

Asked by xllljesslllx at 12:06 AM on May. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter is about to turn 5 and we are having a "rock star" party for her! To her, Hannah Montana is just a girl who dances and sings and wears sparkely clothes. That's it! We sent HM invites but are keeping the rest to a minimum. We are planning normal activites for 5 year olds and sending goodie bags with feather boas, bracelets and star sunglasses home with the girls. She is determined to be a rock star when she grows up....I'm going to let her have some fun with it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have always thought that Hannah Montana was way too old for children that age. Her show is about high school and boyfriends and other issues and ideas that are way too advanced for a 5 year old. When I was 5, I had a trolls party. Kids are growing up way too fast.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't think its to old,my sister has a little girl she going on 6 and her party s hanna shes not showing viloence or nudity its a disney show if she wants it i see nothing wrong with it.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I have 20 grandkids, and most of them are girls! We are Hannah Montana'ed out!! LOL Most of my girls have started liking her around 4-5.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:24 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My kids love Hannah Montana. Well, my oldest outgrew her at like 8 but all the girls were fans from about 4/5 years old and on. Even my 3yo loves Hannah Montana.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:24 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. There is way too much pressure on our children to grow up too quickly. When you allow them to do "older" things at an early age, then there is nothing to look forward to as they grow older. I believe that little children should be allowed and encouraged to be little children. They will have a lifetime of having to live in the grown-up world.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:11 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My DD started liking HM at 5, and she's now 9. She also watches other shows that older kids would watch too like iCarly, Zack and Cody, and Drake and Josh. It's OK to watch around here. She's always getting presents at Christmas time or for birthdays. If she has questions that tackle issues that are mature, I answer them as truthfully and as tactfully as I can. She has always been mentally mature for her age, and she'll STILL watch shows meant for toddlers.

I don't think a party will be a big deal. Hannah Montana is marketed towards children that age and up. If you really think about it, it's just cups, plates, and napkins. It'll all be eaten on and thrown away. She just wants HM's image as a theme for her party. Have fun whatever you decide.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 10:36 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Let her have one, she's not too young, let her have the kind of party she wants.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• To be honest with you it wouldn't bother me to let my 6 year old have a HM party. At this point, she doesn't even watch the show, but has a CD and likes MC singing...she knows they are the same person.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 11:11 PM on May. 4, 2009