Vaccinations

I have heard many mixed things about vaccinations. I am 6 months pregnant with my first and would like some information and statistics on this, as opposed to just opinions or personal stories. Can anyone provide me some links, articles, or books on this that aren't totally one-sided?

Thanks in advance!

Koukla12905

Asked by Koukla12905 at 12:15 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would just do a google search most of the stuff is going to be one sided but you can then find information for and against and make the decision you feel is best. i would also ask your doctor for places where you can get information, that way you are getting medical information not alot of peoples opinions.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:28 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Read the Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. All of their books are AWESOME! He actually came off pro-vaccine but I have since decided to selectively vaccinate my daughter. A good way is to weigh the risks of the vaccine with the risks of the illness. For my daughter, I decided agains tthe MMR, not because of autism risk, but because the risks were twice as much than if she got MMR.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:41 AM on May. 4, 2009

• there is sooo much info out there. I choose not to for many reasons. search for what is in the vaccinations, risks of reactions etc. check out www.909shots.com and look into the group choosing not to vaccinate..... they are full of info!!! some selectively vaccinate, go by a different vaccine schedule, some do not vaccinate. etc. I hope this helps.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:22 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I heard Dr. Sears speak a few months ago, and he said that at his office he does a different vax schedule than most pediatricians to help prevent the risks that come along with all the vaccines at once. He said he has the schedule in his book, so if you do decide to vaccinate or selectively vaccinate, I'd suggest that you try to follow that rather than the regular schedule.
    That's great that you're informing yourself on the topic, rather than taking other people's advice and opinions. Most people don't take the time to do that. You're a great mom already.
    I wish I could offer you a helpful website, but unfortunately I didn't save any of the information I used to make decisions about my son's vaccinations.
    Oh, one thing I can say though is to look at the numbers of how frequently the diseases they're vaccinating for actually occur in the US today. That really helped us out a lot as well.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Actually Dr. Sears has his vaccine schedule on their website. www.thevaccinebook.com
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:41 AM on May. 4, 2009