Am I normal? I haven't grown much..

I am 5'7'' and when I first became pregnant i weighed inbetween 115 and 120. I have no idea what i weigh now, I've been avoiding the scale.. hah, but i am 21 weeks and i have just now really started to need maternity clothes, i've been wearing my size 5's and 7's up untill now.. now i can't wear any of my jeans and ohio weather is very unreliable.. is this normal, to be getting big late? Am i where i should be?

Sarahbella752

Asked by Sarahbella752 at 12:43 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't explode until I was about 8 months. And then I just blew up. My mom was the same way. Don't worry.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:48 AM on May. 4, 2009

• everyone pregnancy is diff, i'm assuming at this point you've had an ultrasound and they said baby is growing how he/she should be, and as long as that is the case than you are fine. i'm also gonna assume this is your first? if it is, than i didn't start to show to strangers til about that time, i wore maternity pants before then b/c they were more comfy on my belly but probably could have worn reg jeans up until that point. in the long run the goal is 25-40 lbs depending on your starting weight, since you were a smaller person, than its probably about 30 lbs for you (i had the same build before my first, since then have gone up to about 130-135 lbs when not preg) but my doc with my first wanted me to gain a total of about 35 lbs and i came in just over that by the end of my pregnancy.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:51 AM on May. 4, 2009

• You sound like you are right on time although everyone is different. I didn't need maternity clothes till I was like 25 weeks with my first child. I wish you lots of luck :)

http://www.sarahs4sweetboys.com
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 1:03 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I didn't need maternity clothes with my first until I was 27 weeeks, and with this pregnancy, I'm 24 weeks and can't really squeeze into my pre-preg clothes. Every pregnancy is different
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:30 AM on May. 4, 2009