Can u die in ur sleep if u die in ur dream?

The past 3 nights i have had these dreams where i am almost about to die and i wake up. I was wondering if u die in ur dream can u die in ur sleep? Please no bashing.

LuckyCharmed200

Asked by LuckyCharmed200 at 12:56 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• I have heard things like if you see yourself actually die in your dream than you are going to die soon in real life. I have had dreams where I was falling and almost hit the groung but I always wake up before I do. And other dreams I've had I should have been killed in what happened to me but I always end up living. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not but that is just what I've heard.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:59 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Wow I think anything is possible But maybe your are just super stressed and not sleeping so well. Or have you changed any medication you are taking ? Or are you really worried about something? Sometimes things that are happening in our lives are just reflected in our dreams. I hope you get it figured out soon.

http://www.sarahs4sweetboys.com
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 1:00 AM on May. 4, 2009

• you can, your heart can stop because of shock.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:05 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Gosh, I hope not. Thats super creepy. I've heard of this one girl kept having dreams where she killed herself and she would tell her parents and friends. She thought it was the ghost of the girl who lived in the apartment before her who died. She told people that the ghost was trying to kill her. Then they found her dead, she hung herself in her sleep.

Isnt that crazy! I read that on myspace. The girls myspace where it said how she passed away
    ForestGrove_Mom

Answer by ForestGrove_Mom at 1:07 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Ok so i did some reading and I guess when u dream that ur dying it means that your getting over a major change in your life or someone is terminally ill in your family or your subconsically suicidal. which makes sence to me b.c i have had a major change recientlly and i do have a sick father.
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 1:11 AM on May. 4, 2009

• NO NO NO!!! There plenty of explanations as to why you are dreaming that. Science can't prove it. It could be a major life change or it could be just that your brain is extremely bored while you are sleeping.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:14 AM on May. 4, 2009

• no can't die.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 2:17 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i have heard that before...but if you die while dreaming about dying how are you supposed to tell ppl cuz you are dead idk
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 3:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I never have, but the fear and feeling you felt in your dream will stay with you when you wake up.

I have heard that dreams of dying signify that it is a time for change in your life or a change is going to occur in your life.

I wish you well!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Ive heard yes but ive only had a couple of those and woke up right before i die but look on this site it can answer your question
    www.dreammoods.com
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 5:44 PM on May. 4, 2009