DO you get mad at the parents when you see over weight children ?

Do you blame the parent right away .. honestly .. Do you get mad at them and think they should feed their child better!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No, sometimes I can see it's genetics, but pretty much always it's also due to poor eating AND genetics. I've never seen it just be genetics alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 4, 2009

• It breaks my heart to see children who are overweight/obese. They have a rough life ahead of them. It's their parents fault for not teaching them about proper nutrition.
    Anonymous

• usually no, but one time i was at mcdonalds and i saw this girl between 7-9 and she was HUGE and was eating a big mac! i was like 'omg! i would never buy a kid a big mac, a teenager yes but a kid no!'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i do think they are at fault but you really cannot judge because you never know what people go through. but it does bother me when parents don't take responsibility for children being overweight and they tell their children they are fat or need to lose weight.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 2:04 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't say I get angry, but I do get appalled at the fact that as a parent they are not stepping up to do something about their childs weight. Each situation is different, the only parents I look down on are the ones with kids largely overweight and they are standing in line at a fast food place ordering their kid a super sized meal
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 2:07 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I do when I see a young overweight child and they are drinking soda from a bottle and the mom is letting them pick out a pack of candy !!!

The worse part is I have really seen this too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Oh PUHLEEZE. Let the judgements fly. NO, I DON'T judge the parents. I have a SKINNY boy and a chubby boy. My hubby comes from an obese family. It is 99% genetics 1% environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

• depend how overweight. I was a chubby kid when I went threw puberty at 12. I couldnt help it. I was an active kid. Now if parents feed there kids nothing but junk then thats no good!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 5:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Honestly YES! I believe if a parent teaches kids eating healthy and in moderation, MAKE them get plenty of exercise and plenty of sleep then there wouldnt be a problem. :) Hate me if you want but all those factors are part of it. Yes I do believe genitics plays a part in it IF you dont control how the child eats. I'm sorry I'm from a family of obese people and I am not obese and yes its genetics. But my parents atleast taught us kids to eat healthy and exercise. My siblings chose not to and they are obese. Simple as that. Gentics may have a piece of it BUT enviroment has a lot more to do with it then what people want to give it credit.
    Oh and i'm not ashamed of my answer. So I am not afraid and wont post as anonymous.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 5:47 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't get mad, but I feel bad for the child. And yes I blame the parent for the food choices provided.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:50 AM on May. 4, 2009