How can I get my husband to even talk about possibly moving back to VA?

Long story short I moved to Florida 6 years ago and have never really adjusted. I was born in raised in VA in Fredericksburg. I would LOVE to move back. It would be the world to me. That is my home and always will be. Everytime I even mention it he changes subjects he won't even talk about it to consider pros and cons. We are getting ready to go on vacation there so I am hoping that will get him to at least talk about it. He won't talk about it all period. Something like moving out of state we both need to agree and all. Since he won't talk about it all I can even explain to him why it would be good for us and family. Any suggestions on how I can even get him to talk about like why he is so against it or whatever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• If he wont' talk about it at all, you really need to involve a third party on this. I know how you feel...I've missed my "home town" for two years now and I grew up on the eastern shore! ;) Check into couples therapy. You need to talk about why you miss home so much and he needs to talk about why he's not willing to hear how you miss home so much. Good Luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:56 AM on May. 4, 2009

• He does need to listen to you, but honestly, you also need to listen to him about why he doesn't want to. Does he have a better way to support you all where he is now? Does he think that your families (both or either side) were too interfering in your marriage and family, and he needed to get away from it? Does he have a problem with the cold and snow, and wants to live away from it for health reasons?

You have very valid reasons FOR wanting to move back, but then again, I'm sure to him, hehas valid reasons for NOT wanting to.

Because you're right, the decision to move away should be made by both of you, but then again, so should the decision to move back....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:06 AM on May. 4, 2009