I AM ABOUT TO GET THE MIRENA AND A LITTLE CURIOUS DO IT HURT, HOW LONG DO IT TAKE, AND DO IT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?

mom2b11307

Asked by mom2b11307 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Health

• i have has mine for 3 months i have no side effects but because i have not had a vaginal delivery it was very painful. but it is over in five minutes.
    braydenhaven

Answer by braydenhaven at 9:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• 1st off try this: I AM ABOUT TO GET THE MIRENA AND A LITTLE CURIOUS , DOES IT HURT, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE, AND DOES IT HAVE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
    2ND yes it hurts, not very long, and you will be crampy for a while! take a mortin 30 mins before you go in, stay relaxed and take another one when you are done... oh and bring a pad!
    Anonymous

• I got mine about 5 months ago, it did hurt going in but if you relax it wont be as bad. I was really crampy for the first two or three days and spotted straight for the month orso but then it would come for a few days and go away again. But now I love it.!
    princessTnBabyB

Answer by princessTnBabyB at 11:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• one in 10 users will get cysts on her ovaries....i was going to get this and then when i read that i changed my mind....
    mommieofone06

Answer by mommieofone06 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ive had mine for about a year and a half and I love it. When the Dr is placing it for the first time it does hurt somewhat, its kinda like having an annual examination, but more detailed. You will feel crampy for the first three days, just like a period and will spot for about a month..your period will be irregular at first, but you got to remember that your body is going thru some postpardum changes...After about six months you will start to feel better about yourself and feel more in control. It is great because you don't have to worry to much about it and you can't really feel anything. All women respond differently to side effects but for the majority it works well. I think that after about 6 months you will know if its right for your body or not.
    Laura4Luvs

Answer by Laura4Luvs at 12:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Thank you for the person that corrected her speech b/c that was driving me crazy. I was like, "how can someone put that up (with a picture) and talk like that."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• well excuse you Missy anonymous lets not get rude any way I've had it in for about a month and at first i did hurt you know the cramps that last about three days which are not like period cramps but more like labor cramps after that its fine i love it
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I guess it does depend on if you had a vaginal delivery. I had a c-section and plan to get an IUD as soon as my pap results come back.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008