Does anyone ever feel like they're gonna lose it?

I'm so stressed out and to top it off, my dd won't go to bed. I've tried everything and she will not rest. I feel like I'm going to lose it. I had planned on getting TONS of stuff accomplished when she went to bed and now....it's time for ME to go to bed!!! I feel like I can't take it anymore!! Anyone ever feel like that? Or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Somebody please answer...I need some encouragement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Everyday! You're not alone. When I get to the boiling point, I get away from the situation for about 5 minutes and breathe.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:11 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, quite often especially when i know my husband could be helping me but he doesn't until i ask him too! i mean, does he want me to beat his children? LOL! i try to live in the moment. when you are with your baby, don't think about the other things you have to do, just live in that exact moment. the more you rush things, the longer it takes (it seems that way at least). besides, you being in a hurry isn't gonna make her get to sleep any faster so take a deep breath and concentrate on whatever you are doing at the time and enjoying having her while you can because they will be grown up before you know it. and if you are like me, you'll start to forget what she smelled like... :(
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 3:24 AM on May. 4, 2009

• my daughter has the same problem and more with my grandson.he has way to much energy.he does not take very long naps and he wakes up several times in the middle of the night.when he plays he is like a little tornado.he throws his toys all over the place.when she gets to stressed she brings him to me. do you have someone to help? dont be afraid to ask for help.just hang in there. they do grow up very fast.
    hcashe216

Answer by hcashe216 at 3:54 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes i do my baby stays up late and cries when i set him down so now i just get what i can get done and look at it like this so what if my house is a little messy and i can get to the dishes done in the morning ill miss a shower here and there and go on 4 hrs of sleep but this too shall pass and my house will be clean ill get my showers daily and get all the sleep i need soon enough you will be okay God never gives us more than we can handle
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, I also have same problem. I try to stay on a tight schedule (the only way I can keep my sanity) and when i especially need the kids to cooperate, they don't. Take a deep breathe. If I know that I have things to do after they go to bed, I start the bedtime a little earlier that evening maybe 30 minutes so by the time they settle in I still have a little time, The extra time may not be the amt that I need but it is something. Or bribing, I hate to say it, it does work. I have had to do the "go to bed with fighting and tomorrow I will take you to get an ice cream." It works most of the time. I know how it is to get frustrated, take deep breathe.
    hsnurse

Answer by hsnurse at 7:38 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Sure do.
    Here is an idea. Put your kid in their room (it should be 'baby proofed') put a gate up, shut their door, whatever. Then slap some headphones on and get your work done. Your kid will not die. Check on them every so often. But sitting and stewing because they won't sleep isnt going to help anyone, IMO.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 9:30 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I believe all of us go through this, and it can be a regular thing when you have a toddler.  I have an Ergo carrier and when Rocco will not go to sleep at nap or bedtime, I put him in the backpack and get to work.  He's usually quite happy in there, but always has the option to go to bed.  I can cook, clean, vacuum, do laundry, make beds, or whatever else I needed to do, and as a bonus I get quite a workout carrying an extra 25 pounds.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i have 2 toddlers, but the one that drives me crazy the most is jacob, he's 2, what i do when i reach my limit, i put them in their room, i have a gate in the entrance of the room for that purpose, while their having chill time in the room, i'm having chill time too or i finish getting things done, there are times they cry when i put them in the room, so i let them cry it out b/c i know there is nothing wrong with them that all they want is to run around the house, so i leave them there, they calm down in less than 3 minutes anyway b/c they already know the routine.
    bxmom2580

Answer by bxmom2580 at 7:35 PM on May. 5, 2009