Can I go to college if I have no money?

I made 14,000 income for last year, and I want to go to college. Now I'm only receiving unemployment due to being laid off, and I want to go to college this year as soon as possible for Athletic training aka fitness. I'm planning on going to a regular community college, and I want to apply for financial aid. How much will that cover? Will I end up needing a loan? I really want to go to college, but I have no clue on where to start other than talking to the college..I already did but they didn't tell me everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Talk with a financial aid person tell them you need somethings answered yes i believe you will have to take a loan out but if you want this bad enough you should be willing to go to any legths to get it done. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on May. 4, 2009

• You need to apply for the federal pell grant. You won't know how much it will cover until you get your estimated award package. I'm sure you can also get state scholarships as well.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:20 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Also check with the unemployment office- they have several funding programs available to help you gain education that in turn leads to a JOB. Several states have recently rec'd government grants that they HAVE to use or they will loose the money and not get as much the next go round. Check with the school's financial aid office- they will be able to help you apply for grants and if the grants are not enough, then yes they will help you find loans. Also- check out the local VFW and local banks- they often offer scholarships to the general public too. Good luck on your future!

Brat111507

Answer by Brat111507 at 3:50 AM on May. 4, 2009

• http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Go here, this is where you will need to apply. As long as you know the school you want to attend.
    GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:33 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Financial aid varies on the school you apply for and on a need-based basis. They should also have work study and various other programs.

In CA, we have a program where if you're a mom you can get your books for cheaper or something like that.
    fallen_tennyo

Answer by fallen_tennyo at 12:13 PM on May. 4, 2009