should SO or DH call and tell you if he is going to a friends house?

or should he just go and not call you the whole time when she was expecting you to be home hours ago?

not that i dont trust him, but if you are in a relationship, do you think you guys need to communicate in where you are and when you will be home so you each know and dont worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep I think they should. I think it's very important to communicate, and know where your spouse is. If something went wrong, and I didn't know where my DH was, it would make me looney if I didn't know until after it was too late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, we should always tell each other where we are. it's common courtesy...
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 3:26 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Communication is very important in a relationship regardless.My SO calls if he leaves the house and saids he going to home depot and hes stopping at another store. That has nothing to do with trust its communication. Trust communication and honesty are the big ones in a relationship and if your laking one in your relationship you have work to do together. It does take two for a relationship to work.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:29 AM on May. 4, 2009

• If your talking about a boyfriend, than no I don't need to know where he is all the time. If he tells me than cool but I'm not going to stress over it. If he's my husband and we have plans, than yeah I want to know when he's going to be home, but I don't need to know where he is all the time either.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:36 AM on May. 4, 2009

• If you're living together, then yes, they should give you a heads up as far as what their plans are - just as you should do for them. It's not about getting permission or anything like that - it's about common courtesy to your house and life mate.

If you aren't living together, but you were expecting them, so, basically, they stood you up, then that's wrong, too.

If you don't live together, and you didn't have plans, but he just chose to go to a friends house after work without telling you, then you are expecting too much.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:53 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, out of respect they should call. My husband calls me even if he is just stopping by a friends house for 5 minutes to pick something up/drop something off. He calls me out of respect and caring and I do the same for him.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 3:58 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Only if you had plans. If you were worried you should have called him.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:38 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes because when someone says they will be home at a certain time and they don't show up, the person waiting can start to really worry. But you could just call him to see if everything is ok.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:12 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, because it is common courtesy and shows respect. Whether he is a boyfriend or dh, he should and you should let each other know where you are.
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 8:59 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I think so but my fiance would disagree. He tells me he doesn't need another mommy when I ask him to call me and tell me if he's going anywhere.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:07 AM on May. 4, 2009