How can I get my 30 month old son to sleep through the night?

My 1 year old son does NOT sleep through the night! He's been like this ever since he was a baby! He's up and down through the WHOLE night. I know he's still teething. I have been giving him teething tablets and SOMETIMES that does NOT work! Someone PLEASE help me! I want to be able to SLEEP through the NIGHT!!!! :(

mommieof2boys13

Asked by mommieof2boys13 at 4:08 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried pain reliever? I give that to my daughter when shes teething. What about giving him more of a bottle before bed. I give my daughter an 8 oz bottle then i brush her teeth and shes down for the night. Hope that helps hope to hear you have gotten sleep soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Does your son have a daily bedtime routine?
    With my children I would give them dinner, they would take their baths and put their pajamas on, I would give them a light snack and drink, they would brush their teeth, they would snuggle into their beds and I would read them a couple of books, they had light music or "white" noise to drown out the outdoor noise a bit, and then they would drift off to sleep.
    When they were teething I always gave them pain reliever when they were really hurting, hold them to soothe them while I read them a bedtime story, and then lay them down to sleep. Sometimes during reading time I would give them a frozen washcloth to gnaw on. I wet a thin washcloth, wring it out, roll it tight, and freeze it in a baggie. Makes a perfect teether when they need something to bite on, but they won't choke on it. When it thaws out, just throw it in the wash.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:18 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter never slept through the night until she was 2 1/2 she had horrible teething problems. What solved my problem is we started a bedtime routine. we would eat dinner and desert a nice warm bath with bubble. lavender lotion just the smell is relaxing it might not put your child to sleep but it smells nice. before bed we started singing to her four songs every night the same songs for a couple weeks until she knew them. after good night kisses i would give her a solution of 4 humphrey three pellets mixed with a half teaspoon of water and put it in a syringe. squirt it on her gums all over and rub her gums while you do this. These humphrey three tablets you can find hanging up at a cvs in the baby section sometimes or you can order them over the counter at a publix pharmacy i havent found them anywhere else. but they work wonders they taste like sugar too! I even used them on a toothache and it helped me.
    mommy2beof2

Answer by mommy2beof2 at 10:08 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Try reading "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantlley. Keep in mind, waking up isn't necessarily the problem. The problem may be that he can't resettle after waking up. I know my 2 yr old wakes up at night but he can get himself back to sleep on his own.
    Anonymous

• I used the book "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley and liked it very much. There is a follow-up toddler version available that would probably be more helpful. We have battled with sleep problems from day one. Some children just don't sleep well. Feel free to read my blogs about bedtime routines and sleeping through the night. Good luck and hang in there.

http://raisingrocco.wordpress.com/2009/02/13/early-bedtime-routine-better-sleep/

http://raisingrocco.wordpress.com/2009/03/04/truly-sleeping-all-night/

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 7:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS AND OPPINIONS!!! I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT! I AM DOING THE TABLETS...ORIGEL...AND IBUPROFEN! IT SOMEWHAT WORKS. I KNOW IT'S HIS TEETH! SATURDAY NIGHT I FELT HIS BOTTOM GUMS AND THEY WERE SO SWOLLEN AND HE HAD A TOOTH UP ON TOP! POOR BABY!
    BUT THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! :))
    mommieof2boys13

Answer by mommieof2boys13 at 2:05 PM on May. 12, 2009