Immature relationships, and your soon to be baby. HELP

The guy that I am involed with is really immature. He makes fart jokes, and sex jokes. And he is 20, 21 in november. And he gets angry really easy. He blares music at 1 or 2 am in the morning. It seems like he doesnt have any respect for me and what I am going through with being a young, soon to be mother. I care for him alot. But he seems to be acting more like a child, then a boyfriend. What should I do? Please help!

hillarysuec

Asked by hillarysuec at 5:20 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• also being 21 I recommend marriage and young family support group/classes. Usually your city will have some free or low cost to young families like us. He needs to realize he isnt allowed to act his age anymore now that he has a wife and a baby on the way. Hubby and I took the classes several times and did wonderfully. We also make every attempt to take adivce from anyone on marriage. Read parenting books. We are reading "The Love Dare" right now to help our marriage more. We've been married 1.5 years now. GL...
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:48 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Well sex joke and fart jokes are probably going to happen for a long while. He's a guy, a young guy. For some reason they think that stuff is funny! DH finally outgrew it and he's 25. :) Takes a lot of patience.
    As for the music blaring, have you told him you don't like. I think the previous answer was right, you should definitely seek counseling being a young couple having a baby. Things need to change in order to raise him/her in a respectful enviroment.
    GL!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 7:52 AM on May. 4, 2009

• my husben was the same way when we first got together and i was carring our first child. but after i had our little girl he begin to grow up more and come more carring by the time the 2nd one came he was a great dad and now that i am carring our 3rd child he is so carring. i know it isn't easy now but it will get better. i was only 18 when we had our first child
    littlemoma520

Answer by littlemoma520 at 10:23 AM on May. 4, 2009

• this may help, if he really cares about you. take him to your doc appointment and have the doctor explain to him pregnancy symptoms, your increased hormone levels and how stress on you is not good for the baby. and if you're around loud noises all the time that you're pregnant your baby might be born deaf. he definately can't be doing that around the baby because a babys ears are very sensitive and constant loud noise can damage their eardrums.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:52 PM on May. 4, 2009