WHy,WHY,WHY?

My ex mother in law is such a bitch. Her perfect son left me for another woman two years ago and is still with her. Anyways, I'm have gone on with my life.Her on the other hand is still bad mouthing me to my friends. They give it right back to her or they ignore her. Why after two years does she still bad mouth me. She is always comparing his girlfriend to me. Worst is when she was babysitting my daughter and her friend one day, who are ten, she said stuff to my daughters friend about me. My daughter has heard other times stuff she has said. If it weren't for her, my ex husband and i would get along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• She is jealous probably. That is usually why people continue to talk about someone they "hate". Try sitting her butt down and setting it straight with a in your face "hey im an adult can you be?" convo.damn MILs ugh GL hun
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:29 AM on May. 4, 2009

• When my first husband and I separated (my daughter and I ended up in a battered woman's shelter actually), his mother had nothing to do with me or her granddaughter.
    When my daughter turned 18 she looked her bio-father up, because he never wanted to be a part of her life since she was born, but she just had to see that for herself and now she understands what a jerk he is. She called her bio-grandmother (her bio-father's mother) and all she said was "if you happen to pass by this way perhaps we can arrange a visit." How cold! But my daughter told me she isn't about to go groveling for love from a "family" that has wanted nothing to do with her her whole life.
    I know she's hurt, but why do MIL's & ex-MIL's (some of them) have to be so nasty and mean to their own grandchildren?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:58 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Some people are plain nasty. You're lucky you've got friends who don't listen to her. Is there a way of avoiding her?
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2009