Does your baby respond to his/her name? And how old is he/she

dashion

Asked by dashion at 6:11 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son didn't really start responding until 7 months. He's 8 months now and sometimes still doesn't respond. He's just too busy doing something else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My granddaughter will be 3 months old tomorrow and she does not respond to her name at all.
    She does respond to what she sees - if one of us walks into a room or if there is something dark against a light background.
    Soft music and "white" noise soothes her and the tv catches her interest. She also turns to a person's voice when she hears them, but I think only if she recognizes them. For instance, she will only turn to her mommy, me, and her Pop whenever either of us are speaking.
    I look forward to the day she responds to her name! ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:53 AM on May. 4, 2009

• my daughter star responding around 6 months.
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 7:14 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My DD is 9 months and she's been doing it for awhile now. I forget how old she was when she started responding to her name, but she was pretty young. Now, we're just trying to teach her to respond to "no"
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i thought my son knew how, hes a year and im practically yelling his name at the top of my lungs and he isnt responding >:o i think hes ignoring me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on May. 4, 2009

• my daughter was around six or seven months when she started to respond to her name. now shes 17 months and ill call her name an she stick her fingers in he ears an goes "la la la mommy" like shes ignoring me lol.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:54 AM on May. 4, 2009