BAD snoring hubby OMG help I do not sleep ever..and guess why the baby was having nightmares..mmhmm his snorin scaring the baby!

SOLUTIONS!!! please

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:51 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband snores really bad and it has only gotten worse. We no longer sleep in the same room which saves both our sanity. For the 7 years before that I was averaging 4-5 hours of sleep a night broken into little segments and, actually, in the last couple of years I was getting even less sleep and that meant I was sleep deprived and real bitchy because I just don't cope well without enough sleep. I took that out on him which made him unhappy. Now that we sleep apart we both get enough sleep (usually) and we are both happier and not resentful of each other.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:22 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My husband is the same way.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 8:03 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Has your husband ever been evaluated for sleep apnea? Mine sounding like a lumberjack was tearing the house down. I don't know how I ever got used to it. He began going to bed and getting up feeling almost as tired as when he went to bed. We asked our family Dr. They sent him to a sleep lab to do a study. Halfway through the night they put him on a CPAP. He now rests well and no longer snores, unless he doesn't have his mask on. Weirdest thing...it took me three weeks to learn how to sleep WITHOUT his snoring.LOL. Really though sleep apnea is a very serious problem, it can cause you to stop breathing completely.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:28 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My hubby had extreme obstructive sleep apnea (he had huge tonsils that blocked his airway... seriously, 1/4 of an inch apart at the most! His palate was growing down in the back as well). He had a sleep study after we got married because I MADE him talk to the medic about it! He had his surgery Sept 07 to take them out. It helped, but then he deployed and couldn't get back in for a follow up. I noticed last night that I heard him stop breathing again, so I'm going to get on him to get back in for his follow up! It's really really scary. He also has started snoring really loudly again (you can hear him one end of the house to the other through closed doors!). See if your insurance will pay for a sleep study! I have also seen some of our sleep specialists offering free sleep studies every few months. Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:47 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I sleep in an extra bed in my son's room. Hey, if sleeping a part works then so be it. Who cares.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:48 AM on May. 4, 2009

• he needs to go the doctor, it may be a medical condition
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:18 AM on May. 4, 2009

• He needs to have a sleep study done and get a mask. Sleep apnea can be fatal. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:27 AM on May. 4, 2009