Sleeping through the night???

Okay just looking for tips. I have a not quite 7 week old son. Our night routine, he goes to bed around 10, then wakes up in 4 hours for 4 ozs, then wakes up in 3 hrs and then in 2 hrs, which then its usually 6 or 7 at that point and hes then up for the day, with a morning nap around 9. Are there any tips to get my boy to sleep through the night or to even eliminate one of those feedings ??????

c2customs

Asked by c2customs at 8:31 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG YOUR SON IS 7 WEEKS OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! THIS IS TOO EARLY TO BE SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! Y our baby may not sleep through the night until he is a year old (my 9 month old still doesn't)! There is NOTHING you can do to make a baby sleep through the night. They will do it on their own time.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My son is 6 weeks old..and wakes every 4 hours during the day and night. Now my dd (17 months) was about 2 1/2 months before she slept partically throught the night.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 8:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My son woke up evey 3-4 hrs for 2-4 oz at that age..he is now almost 5 months old and started sleeping threw the night about 2 weeks ago..latley hes been eating every 2 hrs dont know why but still sleeps threw the night..and he takes naps he usually will be awake for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs and take about a 30 min or more nap...its really depends on the child ..my now 7 1/2 y/o didnt sleep through the night till his 1st b-day...
    gio143

Answer by gio143 at 9:00 AM on May. 4, 2009

• he isn't old enough yet to sleep through the night... and it's normal that he is waking to eat at those times.
    My son is 9 months and STILL wakes at night to eat.
    They will sleep when they are ready.... trust me, I've tried EVERYTHING to get my son to sleep longer, nothing works.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My son is 14 months and he still doesnt sleep through the night.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 10:29 AM on May. 4, 2009

• My daughter is 4 months old and is sleeping 8 - 10 hours solid aevery night. My doctor said after 2 months, my baby could sleep as long as she wanted too. She's still growing and thriving. I started a routine with her and i think that's why she sleeps so well. She goes to sleep EVERY night between 8 pm and 9 pm. She takes one 2-3 hour nap in the morning and a 45 min nap in the afternoon. Sometimes a few shorter naps throughout the day. Bedtime comes and we put her in pajamas, change her diaper, wrap her up in a blanket and rock her until she starts to doze. Then, we put her down in the crib and off she goes. Hope this helped.
    SammyJane17

Answer by SammyJane17 at 11:01 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yep still too young when they get enough nutrients through out the day they will start sleeping through the night. also laying them down when they are tired but not yet asleep will help as well. heps them learn to fall asleep on their own
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 10:03 PM on May. 6, 2009