Pumping & storing question

I am new to this so I was just wondering after pumping 2 oz I put it in the fridge and then 3 hrs later I pumped 2 more oz ...can I combine the two into one bottle? Or is that a big no no?

MrsPilat

Asked by MrsPilat at 8:38 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The answer is suppose to be no, but I did it for my daughter and she was fine drinking the milk, it didn't bother her.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:42 AM on May. 4, 2009

• LOL thank you xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 8:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I would pump and then give it straight to her if she wasnt hungary i put it in the fridge and she always ate it before i pumped again. In the very few chances that she didnt I would combine them. After about 2 weeks or so she would get really colicky from my breast milk so I had to stop :( Good luck!
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 8:50 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Milk pumped from the same day can be combined into 1 container.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:28 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Pumping before nursing will help get your supply up

Answer by rkoloms at 9:34 AM on May. 4, 2009

• yes as long as it is from the same day
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 9:55 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes you can combine the two. You can even add to frozn milk if you cool it first. See http://www.llli.org/FAQ/milkstorage.html

"Storing milk in 2-4 ounce amounts may reduce waste. Refrigerated milk has more anti-infective properties than frozen milk. Cool fresh milk in the refrigerator before adding it to previously frozen milk."

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Answered at 12:03 PM on May. 4, 2009 by: maggiemom2000 Yes you can combine the two. You can even add to frozn milk if you cool it first. See http://www.llli.org/FAQ/milkstorage.html

She is right.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 1:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Okay now one more question if any of ya'll see this ....Now if my milk has been in the refridge for a few days and then I decide I want to freeze it ...is that okay to do? Or should you freeze it immediately after pumping?
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:43 PM on May. 4, 2009