breastfeeding bible?

hey there mamas... wondering if anyone could recommend a great book on breastfeeding. i bottle fed my little guy from the start, but with this new baby... i'm wanting to give breastfeeding a try. any books you loved? i'm planning on taking a class later in my pregnancy, but would like to get a head start.

abelsmama07

Asked by abelsmama07 at 8:49 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The Breastfeeding Book

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding

The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:13 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Good answers celticreverie.... all are very good books!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:15 AM on May. 4, 2009

• The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is great. Not sure of the others since I haven't read them. I love www.kellymom.com and my local La Leche League ladies. You can start going to meetings now if you like or later in pregnancy. Just remember that even though it is the natural thing to do doesn't necassarily mean it is the EASY thing to do. It often is very difficult at first, but if you stick it out the benefits are so worth it. My first born and I had a very difficult time, but with my second it was like riding a bike for me and I just had to teach her.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:18 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I read the Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers and found it to be informative. I haven't read any others. Personally, I don't want to read a bunch of the same stuff over and over or read conflicting info, so I'm sticking to mostly one book per whatever topic I'm interested in. That's just me, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:22 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i just went to friends who were currently breastfeeding. the nurses in the hospital had tried to show me what to do and teach me about it... but most of them had never breastfed or even had children themselves. so they were a waist. i'd suggest taking the class. but i'm a visual learner.
    tess-n-co

Answer by tess-n-co at 9:59 AM on May. 4, 2009