A question about the Koran.

I asked a question about a false practice yesterday. I was greeted with hate and told to read the Koran. I was under the impression the Koran was not translated into English and those converting to muslim must learn the original language of Koran. The English version all over the internet, are those not valid? Or was the information I heard not true and Koran is translated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Quran has been translated, but it is not considered to be the actual Quran when it is - it is called A Translation of the Quran, as in translation it loses some of its truth/purity because there aren't always equivalent translations for certain words. Reading it in English won't really take away from what you're reading, they're just trying to make the point that it isn't the same when its translated because some words/grammar/etc don't translate 100% correctly.
    You can get a Quran online for free from: http://www.islamtomorrow.com/freequran.asp
    or you can just type Free Quran in google and you'll get a bunch of sites....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2009