without using any books can you prove God does NOT exist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• With or without "books" I can not prove that God does, or does not exist.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Without opening the box, can you tell if the cat is dead or alive?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:09 AM on May. 4, 2009

• well, without opening the box, I can only imagine whether the cat is still alive or dead. Without opening the box, I can't prove what I imagine.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:13 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Just by looking at the beauty of the earth and the creatures around me, I can prove that God DOES indeed exist. It couldn't just happen on it's own. Everything around us is proof of his existence!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:15 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Well, the thing about the existence of God is, if I were to say I don't believe in him (her/they/it) thats the end of the discussion; I don't beleive. The burden of "proof" would lay on the believer, IMO, an Athiest has nothing to prove. To posit that there is no Higher Being warrants no proof. To posit that there IS IMO, is what warrants proof.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 9:19 AM on May. 4, 2009

• If the cat is moving there would be sounds outside the box giving a good indication the cat is alive. If the box smells chances are the cat is dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I stopped believing in God because of all the science out there that shows how everything can happen on it's own...so then I started to wonder, what DOES he do if it all happens without help?

So I can't prove he doesn't exist, but he sure doesn't do much but sit and watch if he does!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:41 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I believe that my cat can fly with out seeing it prove me wrong.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:58 AM on May. 4, 2009

• so if you do not see a dog bark but believe the dog can bark you are wrong because seeing is proof?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I am saying the burden of proof is with the one making the claim.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:13 AM on May. 4, 2009