Is the God of the Bible bad at math?

A molten sea was "made" in 1 Kings [7:23] (see also 2 Chronicles [4:2]) This molten sea "was round with a diameter of ten cubits and a circumference of thirty cubits."

******

The geometric formula for circumference is,
circumference = pi * Diameter,
This would make God's value of "Pi" be exactly 3. We know that Pi is actually 3.14159.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 9:23 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• She's pointing out that whoever wrote the bible, God or not, did NOT have "all knowing" information.

What do you mean "God does not need to come down to our level"? It seems he isn't even up to our level if we have to correct things in the bible that are wrong.

OP, you want to see bad math? Check out the measurements for the ARK and then figure out how much room each animal gets....LOL
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 2:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• wow scary! close enough for me!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• it was measured in good enough terms. I know the measurement from the tip of my nose to the end of my fingers is aprox a yard. I can measure a string and say it is three yards. I might be off a tiny bit but it is close enough.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:37 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Close enough? The Ancient Egyptians knew the EXACT calculation of pi, but God didn't, and he told them to write the appoximate calculation in the bible?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

• He "made" a molten sea? And it was round? I'm thinkin' that sounds like a volcano.....and that happens on it's own.....but ok. LOL :)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:43 AM on May. 4, 2009

• God was probably dumbing it down for us because he thinks we're stupid ;]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 4, 2009

• He must not have put much knowledge in the "tree of knowledge" then, huh? LOL
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:39 AM on May. 4, 2009

• ihartu: Please shut up! how can you try and compare wits with God? We are trying to find out what he has already put together ions ago. God is everlasting, you are just fraile dust chasing her tail. God does not need to come down to our level, we need to come up to God's. Oh ignorant one.
    Anonymous