My 7 mo old fell out of his crib!!!! Should i take him to the hospital?

Im trying to get in touch with the doctor but the line is busy. My son fell out of his crib this morning (yes we are going to lower the matress tonight). I dont see any bumps on his head, hes crawling and pulling himself up like normal and isnt acting any different, maybe a bit more cranky. It sounded so load and he cried so hard that he couldnt breath. Would you take him to the hospital or no?

Oh and would u let him take a nap

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 9:26 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you don't see any bumps and he is fine now I wouldn't worry about it. If he starts throwing up or acting very weird I would bring him in.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:30 AM on May. 4, 2009

• He's probably fine. Just watch him really carefully. Hug that sweet baby for me! Mine fell out of the child seat part of a target shopping cart onto the tile floor and gave me a heart attack when he was little.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I would keep a close eye on him. As long as he is acting normal and has no bumps on his head, he probably didn't hit his head. Do a full body check and make sure nothing is hurting him when you touch him. Again, as long as he is acting normal, he'll probably be fine. If he starts to act out of the ordinary, crying a lot and becomes lethargic...take him to the doctor. I think it's okay to let him take a nap, but if you notice he is napping too long or longer than normal, wake him up. Good luck..and lower that mattress! lol.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:34 AM on May. 4, 2009

• unless he starts to throw up, there is probably nothing to worry about.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:34 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes I would take him to the Dr.
    RissaBusch

Answer by RissaBusch at 9:36 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Babie's fall all the time, they fall out of cribs all the time, I did it on a daily basis at that age :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:39 AM on May. 4, 2009

• nope I wouldn't babies have hard heads. if he had a lump or bump yes but not without
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:44 AM on May. 4, 2009

• A fall out of the crib-I'd take him to the doctor just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I would if it would help to ease your mind.
    moseleyb

Answer by moseleyb at 9:53 AM on May. 4, 2009

• i would take him just to be sure cause if you are not seeing any bumps then you need to check and make sure that there is no swelling internally cause the rule of thumb is if there is a bump pretruding out waqrd the swelling is on the outside if no bump that could mean that there is swelling inside so i would take to be safe over sorry the doctors would rather you come in and there be nothing than not to caome in asand there be something wrong that could have been caught early
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 9:54 AM on May. 4, 2009