Has anyone else heard about the latest craze in teen drug abuse?

Triple C'S or Skittles, Red Devils, etc...are the new craze in teenage drug abuse and are readily available and the teens can even get tips on how to use these tiny red pills on the internet through the urban dictionary. While I think that it is the job of the parent to teach the risks associated with abusing any drug, I do not think that there should be, "how to's" JMO. What are your thoughts?

blakebrm

Asked by blakebrm at 9:26 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• its coricidin cough and cold, kids have been doing that since i was in middle school. its not new. (no offense to anyone intended) it gives them a trip kinda like acid or mushrooms. all they have to do is take 8 of them some people only have to take six but some take anywhere from 16-24. and yes it is dangerous, i know this girl who took 10 and is on a permanent trip for life. shell never come out of it. i never did it, but i know ALOT of people who did.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 9:55 AM on May. 4, 2009

• ....ecstacy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 4, 2009

• It is a cough medicine containing DXM and it is bought over the counter.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Triple Cs are cold pills I think.. you can easily buy them in a store.. Atleast thats what we called triple cs back in Highschool. I took have a box of them once, the day before prom. It was so freaking stupid. I cant even remember how I felt that night, but I do remember dressing up in camo with my friend and running over to another friends house a mile or two away pretending like we were in mission impossible or something. Id have to say it ruined my prom the next day. I had a terrible day! I definitely deserved it though for being so dumb.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:31 AM on May. 4, 2009

• not have, half*
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2009

• ooooh right, i had a friend who said she bought some and was hallucinating like crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2009

• as a parent im not informed eighter...so it hard to know or see what the new craze is....so its a catch 22...so the infor out there may teach the kis but it also helps teach the parents...i dont know anything so i can be caught off gaurd...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Triple C has been around since I was in high school (I graduated in 2001), and probably before then. It's Corcidin Cough and Cold. If you take enough of them, it's like an acid trip.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 9:54 AM on May. 4, 2009

• I heard about these years ago. Isn't that one of the meds you have to buy through the pharmacy window now? I know the ones that can be used to make meth are restricted and you have to give your name and show ID, I think these are included in that too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Unfortunately, this is not just the latest craze. People have been abusing Triple C's for a long time now. they took it off the shelves for a while but people protested so they put it back.

You can make a drug out of anything..
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 10:08 AM on May. 4, 2009