Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody question?

I am moving to florida in june. I do not have custody of my daughter but will have her for the summer vacation/visitation. I want to file for a change of circumstances for a change in custody. do i file in florida where i will be living or in the state we are from...while i have her?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • You will need to file for modification where the order was originally established.

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:32 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • ahhh yes, i thought so...thank you so very much!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • If you already don't have custody and are moving away the courts are not likely to change this unless there is abuse or some other pressing need. They tend to stick to the status quo.

    Answer by Praying at 10:06 AM on May. 4, 2009

  • you need to file in the state you are living in now. just to let you know whoever has full physical custody of your daughter can refuse you the right to take her out of state and they can appeal your move. if they want they can make it impossible for you to see your daughter. just wondering, why are you going to move away fom her?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on May. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.